Growing up I've always loved the segment of the Today Show that highlighted 100th birthday milestones. Each centennial's picture was placed on a Smuckers Jelly Jar and Al Roker would read their hobbies and current locations. Belive it or not this was the motivational push that inspired me to start a wellness conscious lifestyle. For some, this might sound far fetched however my grandmother was 102 years old and her sister was 106 before they became heavenly ancestors. Although genetic longevity is a good start I understand maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a must. Only appropriate to insert a random southern saying...Lord willing and the creek don't rise. If I'm honest I've never gotten an explanation on the creek rising part. Tell me in the comment if you know LOL Okay so your probably wondering what my plan is. Five years ago I became a Flexitarian and yes it's a real word LOL. I made the choice to minimize meat and dairy products. As we all ...
My favorite season is Summer but the one thing that ushers in a fun transition into Fall is the Big E Fair located in West Springfield, MA. I'm literally like a kid in the candy store. It is an annual fair that starts mid-September and runs for several weeks. I like riding on the ferris wheel, watching concerts and parades, car shows, vendor shopping and strolling by the animal/arts & craft competitions. However if I’m keeping it a buck...the highlight is arriving in stretchy legging pants and sneakers to find and eat the unique food! Yes you heard me right I'm there for an epic cheat day! Just imagine the Six Flags of fairs where you actually need a map to get around. Grab a pen and get ready for the ultimate Big E Fair hack. You won't catch me there on the weekends only weekdays because this is the best time to avoid traffic, large crowds and more importantly long food lines. During peak times there is limited seating to rest, eat and enjoy the live ent...
Congratulations we have made it past the Thanksgiving feast or if you're in my boat...feasts. I had a full Friendsgiving spread the week before the traditional Thanksgiving gathering this year. I'm starting to rethink going food crazy at the Christmas parties and Christmas dinner that is around the corner. Who else wishes the Thanksgiving and Christmas were spread out with more months in between! In my late 20’s I started to notice my metabolism slow down. I could no longer eat whatever I wanted without weight gain. This is coming from a person who was so skinny that I would pray for weight gain. No lie, there were times when I thought the calories from the Big Mac with extra sauce were broken. Fortunately I started to take exercising and food choices more seriously before diabetes, high blood pressure or something worse were even a factor. Sure my lifestyle change was so that I could fit in my jeans but also so I can avo...
Comments
Post a Comment